101st was and is a GREAT unit.
Sounds like my old man. He knew he was going, so he figured he would have as much control of his life as he could. He was one of the screamin' eagles. He lost his sight, but he still says he would love to jump again.
101st was and is a GREAT unit.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
yeah i'm extremely proud of dad, you being from the gap may know of him. He worked at WLSD for years went by the name The Doctor, (Chuck Newton.)
I was in Grenada, Panama........and Desert Shield/Storm....
1981-1992
I don't know your Dad personally but I do remember him being on the radio. He did a show with a friend of mine.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
He loved working out there, he had to quit in 87 due to his sight. He did the football games for about 6 years i think.
Good man centennialdawg. What branch?
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
Saying Thank You don't seem like enough.
But i guess the best thing, is when i look at that flag, i know what the red stands for, the blood shed for those who give their lives for freedom.
If anything it makes me feel proud, that we had men and women who went into hell, and give the ultimate sacrfice so others could be free. One country that has given up so many to set so many free.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Saying Thank You don't seem like enough.
But i guess the best thing, is when i look at that flag, i know what the red stands for, the blood shed for those who give their lives for freedom.
If anything it makes me feel proud, that we had men and women who went into hell, and give the ultimate sacrfice so others could be free. One country that has given up so many to set so many free.
[/ QUOTE ]
nice post, I echo that
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Very well said LPD. Great post.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
Bookmarks